At IBC 2010, stand #1.C61, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will introduce several product enhancements and showcase its comprehensive portfolio of solutions for high quality video delivery to multiple devices. Harmonic will also feature a unique 3D compression demonstration powered by its Electra® encoders, which are capable of supporting frame-compatible 3D video. Taking place in Amsterdam from September 10-14, IBC is the leading television industry exhibition in Europe.
“Our focus is on offering our customers the very best solutions for delivery of superior quality live and on-demand HD, SD, 3D, web and mobile video. IBC will be an excellent opportunity for broadcasters and operators to see the latest technology advancements from Harmonic for a variety of real-time and on-demand video applications that improve efficiency, enhance quality, and lower costs,” said Yaniv Ben-Sushan, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Harmonic.
Featured demonstrations at Harmonic’s stand #1.C61 will include contribution and distribution, encoding and stream processing, universal media transcoding, multi-screen delivery, and cable edge and access solutions.
Encoding & stream processing
- Powerful solutions for video contribution and distribution over satellite, IP and the Internet, including the new DMS control system and deterministic remultiplexing
- The dense ProStream™ 1000 with ACE™ transcoder, supporting real-time HD and SD, MPEG-2 and AVC transcoding for multiple applications
- The industry-leading Electra 8000 universal encoder’s 3D and HD capabilities, and a technology demonstration of high quality compression for delivery of mobile and web video streams using the same broadcast encoding platform
- NMX 6, the new version of NMX Digital Service Manager™ making its debut at IBC 2010, and IRIS™ QoS monitoring software
File-based transcoding & converged multi-screen solutions
- Rhozet™ Workflow System (WFS) and Quality Control System (QCS) for best-in-class file-based transcoding and quality control
- The carrier-grade MediaPrism™ Convergence Suite for multi-screen video services, supporting live and VOD transcoding, live-to-VOD ingest and HTTP video delivery
Cable edge & access
- Advanced cable edge and access solutions, including the recently introduced ultra-dense NSG™ 9000 HectoQAM™ universal edge processing platform and SUPRALink™ HFC transmission solutions
In addition to the demonstrations at IBC 2010, industry experts from Harmonic have been selected to speak at various technical conferences:
- Ovadia Cohen, Senior Director of Business Development, will participate in a World Teleport Association panel session hosted at Harmonic’s booth #1.C61 at 4:00 pm on Saturday, September 11
- Thierry Fautier, Senior Director of Convergence Solutions, will speak at the session titled “TV or not TV? That is the Question.” as part of the IBC Connected World Armchair Revolution Sessions on Monday, September 13, at 9:30 am
- David Price, Vice President of Business Development & Marketing Communications, will moderate two panels at the MPEG Industry Forum Master Class titled “New Moves in Video Compression” and “Future of Over the Top Television” on Monday, September 13, beginning at 11:30 am
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. is redefining video delivery with the industry’s most powerful solutions for delivering live and on-demand video to TVs, PCs and mobile devices. Harmonic’s technical innovation and market leadership enable the company to offer a unique and comprehensive solution portfolio—including encoding, transcoding, content preparation, stream processing, asset management, edge processing, and delivery. Broadcast, cable, Internet, mobile, satellite and telecom service providers around the world choose Harmonic’s IP-based digital video, software, and broadband edge and access solutions. Using these award-winning and industry-leading solutions, operators can reduce costs and differentiate their services by offering consumers a higher quality, personalized multi-screen experience.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in San Jose, California with R&D, sales and system integration centers worldwide. The Company’s customers, including many of the world’s largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country. Visit www.harmonicinc.com for more information.
Editor’s Note: Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27(A) of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21(E) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to: the very best solutions for delivery of superior quality live and on-demand HD, SD, 3D, web and mobile video; and technology advancements that improve efficiency, enhance quality, and lower costs.
Our expectations and beliefs regarding the capabilities of Harmonic’s broadcast and multi-screen video solutions and the anticipated benefits for customers may not materialize, and actual results could differ materially from those projected. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those more fully described in Harmonic’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent Reports filed on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Harmonic does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.