At IBC2012, stand 1.B20, Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), the worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure, will showcase a comprehensive range of solutions for broadcast and multiscreen production and delivery. Highlighted at the show will be solutions designed to streamline multiscreen content delivery, enabling broadcasters and operators to produce video content more efficiently in any format, distribute content cost-effectively over any network, and support a high-quality viewing experience reliably on any device.
“IBC gives us the opportunity to showcase production-ready solutions that address key trends in a rapidly changing landscape,” said Peter Alexander, senior vice president of marketing and chief marketing officer at Harmonic. “In particular, broadcasters and other media companies today face the challenge of accommodating new content consumption patterns, and we’ll demonstrate how Harmonic solutions meet these demands cost effectively.”
Key highlights of Harmonic’s presence at this year’s IBC show include:
Encoding and stream processing
- The new ProMedia™ Xpress high-performance file-based transcoder, the latest addition to the comprehensive ProMedia Suite multiscreen solution, that uses Harmonic’s market-leading H.264 codec technology to deliver excellent video quality and MicroGrid™ parallel-computing technology to achieve dramatic transcoding performance
- Live MPEG-DASH streaming demonstration based on Harmonic compression technology used in the first large-scale public trial of DASH during the 2012 London Olympic Games
- Demonstration of the next-generation HEVC compression standard that promises to improve OTT delivery and support a wide range of compelling applications
- An innovative Network PVR demonstration featuring ProMedia Origin integration with Omneon MediaGrid storage and KIT digital solutions, highlighting an end-to-end integrated multiscreen video solution, currently deployed by a leading operator in Latin America, which is optimized for adaptive streaming applications and multi-protocols and offers guaranteed performance
- A new addition to the dense ProStream™ with ACE™ real-time stream processor and transcoder portfolio that adds dual power supplies to maximize service uptime for broadcast and OTT services
- The next-generation multifunction ProView™ 7100 providing transcoding, transport stream descrambling, and MPEG stream processing in a single rack unit
- The industry leading Electra® universal multifunction, multiformat encoding platform that powers more than 75,000 channels worldwide
Storage and playout
- Enhancements to the recently introduced Spectrum ChannelPort integrated channel playout device that unites channel branding and master control switching with clip playout
- A new addition to the MediaStore scalable and reliable high-performance shared storage offerings for Spectrum™ media server
Cable edge and access
- Advanced cable edge and access solutions, including the ultra-dense NSG™ 9000 HectoQAM™ universal edge processing platform and SUPRALink™ HFC transmission solutions
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is the worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure for emerging television and video services. The company’s production-ready innovation enables content and service providers to efficiently create, prepare, and deliver differentiated services for television and new media video platforms. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
EDITOR’S NOTE – Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to the anticipated capabilities and benefits of Harmonic’s compression technology and Harmonic’s ProMedia™, MicroGrid™, MediaGrid™, ProStream™ with ACE™, ProView™ 7100, Electra®, MediaStore™, Spectrum™, NSG™ 9000, SUPRALink™, and HectoQAM™ products. Our expectations and beliefs regarding these matters may not materialize and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the possibility that none of the products meet some or all of their anticipated capabilities or provide some or all of its anticipated benefits, such as cost-effectiveness, high-quality viewing experience, delivery of excellent video quality, achievement of dramatic transcoding performance, efficiency, and guaranteed or high performance. .The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, such as those more fully described in Harmonic’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended Dec.31, 2011, its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and its Current Reports on Form 8-K. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Harmonic as of the date hereof, and Harmonic disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.