At NAB 2009 booth #SU7209 in Las Vegas from April 20-23, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT), a leading provider of video delivery solutions for broadcast, cable, Internet, satellite and telco operators around the world, will debut its latest solutions for multi-screen content preparation, streaming and delivery. Harmonic’s unified solutions allow operators to simply and cost-effectively enhance their existing networks while also adding new revenue-generating services streamed to a variety of devices such as PCs and video-enabled smartphones. Complementing these next generation video solutions is advertisement serving and splicing technology that can further monetize these new delivery models.
Key highlights of Harmonic’s presence at this year’s NAB show include:
- Harmonic’s new and ground-breaking DiviCom Electra® 8000 universal broadcast encoder, the ideal solution for broadcasters looking to offer higher quality HD while freeing up bandwidth for video to mobile devices via the ATSC mobile/handheld (M/H) standard
- Demonstrations of next-generation 1080p, scalable video coding (SVC) and ATSC M/H encoding technology
- Harmonic’s StreamLiner™ video server and ProStream™ 4000 transcoder for on-demand and real-time multi-screen video delivery over any network (UDP, HTTP, Flash, RTSP, 3GPP) to any device (HDTV sets, PCs, mobile devices)
- The MediaPrism™ software suite of real-time and offline content aggregation tools for repurposing of video content for new on-demand and multi-screen consumption models
- Harmonic’s new product and solution portfolio for contribution and distribution applications, building on technology gained from the recent acquisition of Scopus Video Networks
Harmonic’s Rhozet™ business unit will also demonstrate its latest enhancements to the market-leading Carbon Coder™ universal transcoder at booth #SL9728. Carbon Coder facilitates the transfer of media between a variety of platforms, including acquisition, editing, playout, archive, the Internet and mobile devices. Harmonic’s advanced compression solutions will be featured as part of the Sinclair Broadcast Group’s ATSC M/H solution at booth #C8546N (Sinclair) and #C1336 (Acrodyne).
“At this year’s NAB show, Harmonic is showcasing our ongoing commitment to innovation in existing broadcast video technologies with solutions such as the new Electra 8000 platform, while also demonstrating our investment in advanced and converged video technologies,” said Tom Lattie, Director of Broadcast and New Media Solutions for Harmonic Inc. “As video consumption patterns continue to evolve, we are creating an unparalleled portfolio of technologies that enable our customers to address new business models by delivering advanced and differentiated services such as time-shifted and place-shifted video.”
Harmonic industry experts will also participate as panelists or moderators at a number of conference sessions:
- April 15: Joel Wilhite, Broadcast and Satellite Solutions Manager, will participate at the PBS 2009 Technology Conference in a session titled “Tuning for Maximum Service”
- April 19: David Price, Vice President of Business Development and Marketing Communications, will co-moderate three panels in the MPEGIF Master Class
- April 20: Ian Trow, Director of Broadcast Solutions, will present “Which Compression Strategy and What Bit Rates Should Be Used for Broadcast Contribution?” as part of the NAB Broadcast Engineering Conference
- April 21: Joel Wilhite will present “Maximizing Your Multiplex” at the NAB Broadcast Engineering Conference
- April 21: Thierry Fautier, Director of Telco Solutions, will present “Encoding Technology for Television over DSL” at NAB’s Telecom2009 “Broadband and Beyond” Conference
- April 22: Also as part of the NAB Broadcast Engineering Conference, Tom Lattie will discuss “Migration of Contribution Links to AVC”
- April 22: Ovadia Cohen, Senior Director of Business Development, will serve as a panelist for “In This Corner: the Data Centers vs. the Broadcast Center” in the Content Distribution Forum
For members of the media and industry analysts, Harmonic will also hold a press conference on Sunday, April 19 at 5:00 P.M. at the MGM Grand Hotel, room 203, South Concourse to highlight new product announcements and discuss the enhanced solution portfolio and market opportunities resulting from the integration of Scopus Video Networks.
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. is a leading provider of versatile and high performance video solutions that enable service providers to efficiently deliver the next generation of broadcast and on-demand services including high definition, video-on-demand, network personal video recording and time-shifted TV. Cable, satellite, broadcast and telecom service providers can increase revenues and lower operational expenditures by using Harmonic’s digital video, broadband optical access and software solutions to offer consumers the compelling and personalized viewing experience that is driving the business models of the future.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California with R&D, sales and system integration centers worldwide. The Company’s customers, including many of the world’s largest communications providers, deliver services in virtually every country. Visit www.harmonicinc.com for more information.
Editor’s Note: Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27(A) of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21(E) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to: the debut of Harmonic’s latest solutions for multi-screen content preparation, streaming and delivery, the demonstration of its latest enhancements to the market-leading Carbon Coder™ universal transcoder, and the participation of Harmonic industry experts as panelists or moderators at a number of conference sessions.
Our expectations and beliefs regarding these matters and the anticipated features and benefits of the products and solutions to be shown at NAB 2009 may not materialize, and actual results could differ materially from those projected. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those more fully described in Harmonics filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent Reports filed on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Harmonic does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.