Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) a leading provider of video infrastructure solutions, will showcase its latest offerings for cable providers at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2011, booth #968, in Atlanta Nov. 15-17. The company will demonstrate its latest multiscreen video solutions, which enable new revenue-enhancing services while leveraging operators’ existing infrastructure to lower capital and operating expenses. Harmonic will also demonstrate a range of innovative edge and access solutions designed to meet the increasing demand for capacity required to support targeted applications such as high speed Internet, VOD and OTT video services.
- The North American debut of the Harmonic Electra® 9000 universal broadcast and multiscreen encoder. The Electra 9000 is a groundbreaking multicodec, multiformat video encoder that simultaneously supports broadcast, mobile and web formats, greatly improving the efficiency of multiscreen delivery for operators.
- Cable-specific applications for the Omneon MediaGrid™ active storage system highlighting its key role in the company’s end-to-end solution set for nPVR, VOD and multiscreen applications.
- Latest edge and access solutions, including new innovations in HFC technology, for addressing emerging network bandwidth and operational challenges associated with new services.
- The ProMedia™ software suite for optimizing multiscreen workflows, featuring real-time transcoding and adaptive stream preparation.
- An expanded professional services program that provides customized, vendor-agnostic services for cable system environments.
“SCTE Cable-Tec Expo is a great platform for us to engage with our customers and demonstrate our continued innovation and technology leadership in the cable industry,” said Gil Katz, vice president of cable solutions at Harmonic. “Cable operators are looking for experienced and knowledgeable business partners to provide complementary professional services to accelerate deployment of advanced new service offerings. With over twenty years’ experience in cable installations, Harmonic is uniquely positioned to supply both the technology and the expertise necessary for success in today’s competitive market.”
In addition to the demonstrations at Cable-Tec Expo, Harmonic experts will participate in the following technical sessions:
- Yaron Raz, director of digital video solutions, will present “Multiscreen Video: Design Considerations and Lessons Learned” as part of the Expo’s Multiscreen Workshop. The multiscreen session will be offered Monday Nov. 14 at 2:45 p.m., and again on Thursday Nov. 17 at 4 p.m.
- Boris Brun, senior manager of technologies, will co-present “Beyond CCAP: Next Generation Access Architecture Options” as part of the Access Network Workshop, offered Wednesday Nov. 16 at 11 a.m. and again Thursday Nov. 17 at 4 p.m.
Harmonic has also been selected to power the Headend/HFC portion of the SCTE Next Generation Video Architecture Spotlight Pavilion. Visitors to the pavilion will be able to observe Harmonic’s headend solutions as they function in a comprehensive multiscreen video ecosystem.
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) provides infrastructure that powers the video economy. The company enables content and service providers to efficiently create, prepare, and deliver differentiated video services for television and new media platforms. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
Editor’s Note: Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
For more press information:
Public Relations for Harmonic
Investor Relations for Harmonic
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to the capabilities and anticipated benefits of our Harmonic Electra 9000, Omneon MediaGrid, converged edge and access solutions, ProMedia software suite and an expanded professional services program. Our expectations and beliefs regarding these products and this service may not materialize and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including, without limitation, the possibility that the products and service do not obtain market acceptance or that one of more of the expected benefits, such as reductions in capital and operating expenses, the ability to support increased demand for capacity, efficiency improvements and optimized multiscreen workflows, are not achieved.
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, such as those more fully described in Harmonic’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2010, its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and its Current Reports on Form 8-K. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Harmonic as of the date hereof, and Harmonic disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.