At SCTE Cable-Tec Expo 2010 booth #1251 in New Orleans from October 20-22, Harmonic Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) will feature its comprehensive and best-in-class portfolio of video infrastructure solutions that enable operators to create, prepare and deliver an expanding range of personalized entertainment services to TVs, PCs and mobile devices. Harmonic will also unveil a full-band universal HFC transmitter which significantly reduces fiber usage, frees up bandwidth for commercial applications and extends fiber reach, as part of a range of innovative new cable edge and access solutions on display.
Harmonic is a market-leading provider of broadcast and on-demand video solutions, spanning content production to multi-screen delivery. At Cable-Tec Expo, Harmonic will highlight its full range of video processing and delivery solutions, including multi-screen IP cable, video compression and transcoding, headend consolidation and management, edgeQAM and HFC access.
“Harmonic’s expanding portfolio of best-in-class video infrastructure solutions provide cable operators with the flexibility, density, ease-of-use and cost savings they need for successful deployment of new personalized, multi-screen entertainment services,” said Gil Katz, Senior Director of Cable Solutions and Strategy at Harmonic. “This year’s Cable-Tec Expo offers an excellent opportunity to see Harmonic’s market-leading solutions, which have recently garnered a number of industry accolades, and continue to be selected by the world’s leading operators.”
Featured demonstrations at Harmonic’s booth #1251 will include:
- A comprehensive suite of tools for IP cable services–encompassing content preparation, distribution, edge processing and HFC access–that enable converged video delivery to the TV, PC and mobile devices
- The industry’s first truly converged high-density, high-quality broadcast transcoding platform, the ProStream™ 1000 with ACE™ any-to-many transcoder, supporting MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) transcoding of up to 20 HD or 80 SD video and audio channels in a single 1-RU chassis
- Superior quality 4:1 HD/18:1 SD MPEG-2 compression, simultaneous dual output and statistical multiplexing with the industry-leading Electra® 8000 universal encoder, a platform selected by the world’s leading service providers to power more than 10,000 channels
- Solutions that enable headend consolidation and simplify operations, including the state-of-the-art Distribution Management System (DMS) that provides centralized control of receivers and blackout management capabilities
- NMX 6, a powerful new version of Harmonic’s digital service manager and IRIS™ QoS monitoring and control software
- Advanced cable edge and access solutions, including the new the SUPRALink™ universal transmitter and the recently introduced ultra-dense NSG™ 9000 HectoQAM™ universal edge processing platform
About Harmonic Inc.
Harmonic Inc. offers a comprehensive, innovative and market-leading portfolio of video infrastructure solutions, spanning content production to multi-screen video delivery. Harmonic customers can efficiently create, prepare and deliver differentiated video services over broadcast, cable, Internet, mobile, satellite and telecom networks, while simplifying end-to-end asset management, reducing costs and streamlining workflows.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is headquartered in San Jose, California with R&D, sales and system integration centers worldwide. The company’s customers—including each of the top 20 Fortune 2000 media companies—choose Harmonic to enable their high quality video services delivered to consumers in virtually every country. . Visitwww.harmonicinc.com for more information.
Editor’s Note: Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners./p>
This press release may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27(A) of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21(E) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to: significantly reducing fiber usage, freeing up bandwidth for commercial applications and extending fiber reach; and providing cable operators with flexibility, density, ease-of-use and cost savings.
Our expectations and beliefs regarding the capabilities of Harmonic’s video infrastructure solutions and the anticipated benefits for cable customers may not materialize, and actual results could differ materially from those projected. The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, including those more fully described in Harmonic’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission including its recent Reports filed on Form 10-K and Form 10-Q. Harmonic does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements.