Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), the worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure, today announced that it will showcase a comprehensive range of next-generation multiscreen production and delivery solutions at two tradeshows this March — CABSAT in Dubai and TV Connect in London. Designed to optimize multiscreen workflows, Harmonic solutions enable broadcasters and operators to efficiently prepare and deliver high-quality video content to any viewing device.
“CABSAT and TV Connect provide Harmonic with perfect platforms to address broadcasters and operators in a wide variety of markets, including Europe, Africa, and the Middle East,” said Peter Alexander, senior vice president of marketing and chief marketing officer at Harmonic. “These geographic regions have demonstrated tremendous growth in recent times in the deployment of pay TV, and subsequently, value-added services such as multiscreen. We take this opportunity to show how Harmonic solutions bring bandwidth efficiencies, operational cost savings, and amazing video quality to such deployments.”
At CABSAT and TV Connect, Harmonic will highlight its extensive portfolio of multiscreen video encoding and stream processing solutions optimized for real-time and file-based production and processing workflows. Featured demonstrations include:
- HEVC high-performance encoding featuring the next-generation H.265 compression standard, which promises to improve OTT delivery and support a wide range of compelling applications.
- MPEG-DASH streaming based on Harmonic’s acclaimed compression technology. This technology was recently used to power the world’s first DASH service, jointly deployed by Abertis Telecom and Nagra.
- ProStream® 9000 with ACE®, a new high-density real-time stream processor and transcoder that delivers increased performance and maximizes service uptime for broadcast and OTT services.
- Electra®, the industry-leading encoding platform that enables high-quality, low-bandwidth encoding featuring multiresolution, multistandard, multiprofile, multiservice, and multichannel capabilities for cable, satellite, IPTV, and terrestrial broadcast applications.
- ProMedia™ Suite, a powerful family of integrated software applications that optimize multiscreen production and delivery workflows with new levels of scalability, efficiency and flexibility. The newest edition, ProMedia Xpress, delivers high-performance, GPU-free file-based transcoding and packaging on a standard IT computing infrastructure.
Harmonic will also showcase a variety of storage and playout solutions, including:
- Spectrum™ ChannelPort™ integrated channel-in-a-box playout, extending Spectrum media server systems that combine channel branding and master control switching with clip playout to simplify integration and workflow, lower equipment purchase expenditure, and reduce maintenance and operations costs. Recent enhancements include DVE functionality to enable high-end graphics presentations; AVC-Intra playout support to accelerate the production-to-playout workflow; and a new dynamic subtitle insertion capability that supports just-in-time playout of multilingual content.
The technology demonstrations will take place at CABSAT, Hall 7, Stand E7-12, March 12-14 in Dubai, and also at TV Connect, Stand 85, March 19-21 in London.
Further information about Harmonic and the company’s products is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) is the worldwide leader in video delivery infrastructure for emerging television and video services. The company’s production-ready innovation enables content and service providers to efficiently create, prepare, and deliver differentiated services for television and new media video platforms. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including statements related to the anticipated capabilities and benefits of Harmonic’s compression technology, ProStream® 9000 with ACE®, Electra®, ProMedia™ Suite, ProMedia Xpress, Spectrum™, and ChannelPort™ products. Our expectations and beliefs regarding these matters may not materialize and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the possibility that these products do not meet some or all of their anticipated capabilities or provide some or all of their anticipated benefits, such as increased performance, maximization of service uptime, high quality performance, increased scalability, efficiency, and flexibility, and simplification of integration and workflow.
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are also subject to other risks and uncertainties, such as those more fully described in Harmonic’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended Dec.31, 2011, its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and its Current Reports on Form 8-K. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Harmonic as of the date hereof, and Harmonic disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
EDITOR’S NOTE — Product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.