The industry’s first software-based CMTS
CableOS™ Core CMTS software powers the Harmonic CableOS software-based CCAP solution, providing cable operators with unprecedented scalability, agility and cost savings. The software performs all CMTS functions, including common control, management and forwarding of IP traffic across the cable access network, and is capable of processing tens of gigs of capacity per rack unit. All DOCSIS-related applications, such as DSG and PacketCable, are supported, as are IPv4 and IPv6 services.
- Sustainable capacity growth over the long term
- End-to-end support for centralized and distributed architectures
- Enables the migration to multi-gigabit broadband capacity
- Resolves space and power constraints in the headend and hub
- Supports fast deployment of new IP-based data, video and voice services
- Leverages latest technology innovations, including full-spectrum DOCSIS 3.1 and NFV
CableOS lets you save up to 75% on space and power costs in a centralized deployment, and up to 90% in a distributed deployment.
CableOS Core Software Features
Accelerated Feature Velocity
CableOS Core CMTS software allows cable operators to achieve multi-gigabit broadband capacity while simultaneously lowering their space and power requirements. Running on a 1-RU Intel x86 server, the software eliminates the need to purchase space-consuming and expensive hardware-based CMTS platforms, allowing operators to break away from the cycle of needing to upgrade hardware every three years to accommodate capacity growth requirements. Regular CableOS software upgrades accelerate the introduction of new features, including high-layer DOCSIS 3.1 capabilities, and capacity is gained simply by adding new 1-RU servers.
Support for Multiple Use Cases
- Migrate to a software and NFV-based cable access architecture
- Migrate to a deep fiber or digital fiber architecture
- Deploy gigabit services
- Reduce space and power consumption in your headend and hub
- Reclaim equipment from small remote hubs to a centralized facility
- Scale from a small operation to one that can support 100+ service groups