Media Processing Platform
A comprehensive software solution that transforms traditional video preparation and delivery architectures into a hybrid cloud operation, accelerating time to market for new broadcast and OTT services.
Unifying the entire media processing chain, from ingest through delivery, VOS Cloud allows content creators and pay-TV operators to launch new video channels fast, and to run simpler, leaner operations. The VOS Cloud software can be installed on any hardware platform in the headend or data center, or as part of any private or public cloud deployment environment.
VOS Cloud features six primary functions that conform to the essential steps in a media processing workflow: Ingest, Playout, Graphics, Transcoding, Encryption and Delivery. Highly efficient workflows are built by selecting capabilities within each functionality. Template-based workflows are also available, allowing for rapid, consistent configuration of system resources.
- Comprehensive software solution for broadcast and OTT media preparation and delivery
- Harmonic PURE Compression Engine and EyeQ technologies for superior video quality at low bitrates
- Deployable in private and public clouds, with any OS on any hardware
- Build or remove services independently in minutes
- Automatically load-balance and deploy services across available compute resources
- Subscription and usage-based pricing
Learn how to gain the competitive advantage with cloud-native media processing.
VOS Cloud Features
Built for the Cloud
As a cloud-native application, VOS Cloud features the hallmarks of openness, scalability and agility. Support for OpenStack™ and Amazon Web Services™ (AWS) deployment environments enable system access from anywhere in the world with an internet connection and let you work the way you want, whether on premise or through private or public clouds.
At the heart of VOS Cloud is the Harmonic PURE Compression Engine™, an advanced, software-based encoding and transcoding technology that supports SD, HD and UHD formats, and MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC and HEVC codecs for broadcast and OTT multiscreen delivery. Users can also employ EyeQ™ real-time video optimization, Harmonic’s enhancement for PURE Compression which delivers bandwidth savings of up to 50% while ensuring a pristine viewing experience on any device.
Reduced CAPEX and OPEX
The broad capabilities of VOS Cloud converge broadcast and OTT media processing and delivery into a single, easy-to-use solution. Function integration built into the application reduces the number of devices required to build out a broadcast transmission chain, saving on both capital and operating expenditures and delivering exceptionally low total cost of ownership (TCO).
With VOS Cloud’s full complement of embedded workflow features, adding a new video channel to your lineup is straightforward and requires just a few steps from the operator. There’s no need to choose the target: VOS Cloud will automatically deploy and load balance compute resources based on a node’s resource availability.
- Exploring the IP Evolution for Media Workflows
- PURE Cloud
- Harmonic PURE Compression Engine™
- Guide to the Cloud
- Software-Defined Media Processing on Open Cloud
- Redefining TV: Shifting Media Processing into the Cloud
- Beyond Virtualization: Leveraging Cloud Technologies to Reinvent Video Infrastructure
- Live from the Cloud: Cost-Effective Deployments for OTT with Harmonic