SAN JOSE, Calif. — Aug. 17, 2022 — Harmonic, Inc. (NASDAQ: HLIT) today announced that it will bring the company’s latest cloud-native and on-prem innovations for video streaming and broadcast delivery to IBC2022. At the Show, Harmonic will highlight how its advanced solutions are addressing the critical needs of the media and entertainment industry by enabling flawless live sports streaming, targeted advertising at scale, best-in-class VOD and linear streaming, and next-gen broadcast service delivery.
“Harmonic is excited to be back at IBC2022 and share the latest innovations for accelerating streaming services and simplifying broadcast workflows,” said Shahar Bar, senior vice president, video products and corporate development at Harmonic. “We look forward to showcasing new enhancements to our on-prem appliances, along with expanded SaaS cloud offerings.”
At IBC2022, Harmonic will showcase:
The market-leading VOS®360 SaaS platform for a range of applications:
- Live sports streaming: Stream secure watermarked live sports events with targeted ads reliably and at scale in UHD HDR.
- VOD and linear streaming: Deliver outstanding VOD and linear streaming experiences with scalable targeted advertising.
- Free ad-supported TV (FAST): Enable the creation of UHD HDR FAST channels.
- Broadcast: Deploy complex broadcast workflows with full support for playout, branding, statistical multiplexing, and affiliate distribution in the cloud.
New applications for XOS Advanced Media Processor and Spectrum™ X Advanced Media Server:
- Targeted advertising for broadcasters: Unlock new revenue streams with DVB-TA support.
- Edge media processing: Take media processing and distribution to the next level with the new generation of software-based edge devices.
- Distribution of DVB-T/T2 signals: Optimize DTT distribution with new DVB-SIS (single illumination system) offering.
- Extended video-over-IP capabilities: Expand video-over-IP possibilities with NDI for production and playout workflows.
Innovative Demonstrations with Partners
Throughout the IBC2022 show floor, Harmonic will also highlight key collaborations with industry leaders that further strengthen its video streaming and broadcast offerings:
- Microsoft Azure (stand 1.D25) and AWS (stand 5.C80) cloud support on the VOS360 SaaS platform.
- New watermarking-as-a-service capabilities for live sports events and premium live content integrated on the VOS360 SaaS platform with anti-piracy solutions from Viaccess-Orca (stand 1.A51) and NAGRA (stand 1.C81).
- Streamlined targeted advertising for live broadcasting, VOD and FAST through integration between the VOS360 SaaS platform and solutions from Viaccess-Orca (stand 1.A51) and Equativ (stand 5.F62).
- FAST UHD HDR channel delivery on LG Channels platform.
- Hybrid on-premises and in-the-cloud channel origination with Harmonic’s VOS360 SaaS platform and Spectrum™ X media servers controlled by Aveco’s ASTRA MCR (stand 2.B18) and SGT VEDA automation (stand 2.C58).
Must-See Conference Session
Harmonic will bring its thought leadership to the IBC Conference 2022 with “Exploring the Benefits of Dynamic Resolution Encoding and Support in DVB Standards.” Xavier Ducloux, Harmonic’s senior marketing innovation manager, will join industry experts during the technical paper session on “Advances in Video Coding,” Sept. 10 at 12:15 pm.
Watch the interview of Alexandre Paugam, Streaming Market Developer Director at Harmonic, during IBC2022. Further information about Harmonic and the company’s solutions is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT), the worldwide leader in virtualized cable access and video delivery solutions, enables media companies and service providers to deliver ultra-high-quality video streaming and broadcast services to consumers globally. The company revolutionized cable access networking via the industry’s first virtualized cable access solution, enabling cable operators to more flexibly deploy gigabit internet service to consumers’ homes and mobile devices. Whether simplifying OTT video delivery via innovative cloud and software platforms, or powering the delivery of gigabit internet cable services, Harmonic is changing the way media companies and service providers monetize live and on-demand content on every screen. More information is available at www.harmonicinc.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. Statements concerning Harmonic’s business and the anticipated capabilities, advantages, reliability, efficiency, market acceptance, market growth, specifications and benefits of Harmonic products, services and technology are forward-looking statements. These statements are based on our current expectations and beliefs and are subject to risks and uncertainties, including the risks and uncertainties more fully described in Harmonic’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended Dec. 31, 2021, its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q and its Current Reports on Form 8-K. The forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information available to Harmonic as of the date hereof, and Harmonic disclaims any obligation to update any forward-looking statements.
Harmonic, the Harmonic logo and other Harmonic marks are owned by Harmonic Inc. or its affiliates. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.