Innovations Will Include UHD, OTT, IP Workflow and Cloud-Native Technologies
Astound Viewers With Crystal-Clear UHD-HDR Video
A must-see demo at the Harmonic stand at BroadcastAsia2017 will be an end-to-end UHD-HDR OTT workflow, which enables operators to deliver stunning UHD HDR video for both live and on-demand applications. Recent innovations include contribution with the new ViBE® CP9000 UHD-HEVC contribution encoder, and UHD editing via the Harmonic MediaGrid shared storage system.
Realize the Advantages of Cloud-Native Technology
As operators migrate to the cloud to gain increased infrastructure flexibility, elasticity and agility, Harmonic will demonstrate why its award-winning VOS™ Cloud media processing application and VOS 360 software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution are making a big impact on the way in which operators create and deliver video — such as enabling the launch of broadcast and OTT services in a matter of hours, not months. With Harmonic’s cloud-native solutions, operators can manage video processing and delivery over public or private clouds. New workflow capabilities to be demonstrated include cloud-native playout.
Migrate to All-IP Workflows Through Tried and Trusted Media Server and Playout Solutions
Harmonic’s Spectrum™ X advanced media server and Spectrum XE playout solutions will be on display at BroadcastAsia2017, showing attendees how they can easily transition to an all-IP infrastructure and support SD and HD broadcast and OTT channels for increased monetization.
Educating the Industry on UHD, All-IP Workflows and Next-Generation Encoding
Harmonic experts will speak on a variety of key topics at BroadcastAsia2017:
- Thierry Fautier, vice president of video strategy at Harmonic will present “UHD vs 1080p: Network Capacities, Business Models, Device Reach, User Experience: What is the Right Trade-off?” on Wednesday, May 24 at 10:45 a.m.
- Fautier will also moderate the session “Upscaling from HD to UHD HDR Infrastructure to Stay Ahead of the Competition” on Wednesday, May 24 at 11:15 a.m.
- Harmonic’s senior director of emerging technology and strategy, Ian Trow, will present “IABM IP Showcase: Large Scale Uncompressed IP Playout and Encoding” on Wednesday, May 24 at 3:20 p.m.
- Trow will also speak as part of a panel session on “Efficiency, Functionality and Profitability: Competing Standards for the Next-Generation Video Compression,” taking place Thursday, May 25 at 9:10 a.m.
- In addition, Trow will lead an Ultra HD workshop on Thursday, May 25 at 1:30 p.m.