Harmonic Sets the Benchmark for OTT Delivery and Next-Gen TV at 2018 NAB Show
- Harmonic offers streamlined OTT video delivery through cloud-based channel origination on VOS 360 SaaS, enabling operators to swiftly migrate channels from playout to end-user delivery for greater flexibility and a lower cost-per-channel.
- Harmonic will also showcase live sports for OTT, delivered with reduced latency matching that of live broadcast, in stunning UHD and HDR using VOS 360 SaaS.
- With the VOS family, operators can deploy EyeQ™ content-aware encoding to reduce bandwidth requirements for OTT delivery, decrease CDN costs and improve QoE. At the 2018 NAB Show Harmonic will premiere EyeQ support for HEVC.
Get the Most Out of ATSC 3.0 With Advanced Statmux and Hybrid OTA/OTT services
Harmonic’s expertise in statistical multiplexing will play a key role in providing high-quality ATSC 3.0 streams at low bitrates. At the 2018 NAB Show, Harmonic will showcase its software-based Electra™ X ATSC 3.0 media processor and statistical multiplexing solution to deliver high-quality HEVC programs over DASH. For OTT services to complement over-the-air (OTA) transmissions, Electra X connects to Harmonic’s VOS 360 SaaS to enable hybrid OTA/OTT services.
New Possibilities for All-IP Workflows
In the IP Showcase, sponsored by AIMS, in booth C12634, Harmonic will highlight the Spectrum™ X media server as part of an end-to-end IP video workflow from contribution to delivery, using the SMPTE ST 2110 suite of standards, SMPTE 2022-7 seamless protection switching and AWMA IS-04 and IS-05 specifications. The Electra media processor and Spectrum X server fill the final gap for uncompressed workflows and control with support for uncompressed and compressed streams, enabling a smooth transition for live broadcast and OTT.
Looking Ahead at Next-Gen Video Codecs and Content-Aware Encoding
Artificial intelligence (AI) technologies have become a key innovation factor to optimize the video encoding process. Leveraging AI in the development of next-generation video codecs and content-aware encoding (CEA), Harmonic is leading the charge toward delivering better video quality at low bitrates. The company will provide a valuable side-by-side comparison of codec efficiency between HEVC, AVC with Harmonic EyeQ CAE technology, AV-1 and JVET.
In addition to showcasing its innovative technologies, Harmonic will also contribute expertise through technology presentations:
- Thierry Fautier, vice president of video strategy at Harmonic and president of the Ultra HD Forum will present a “UHD Worldwide Service Deployment Update” at the Global UHD Conference in Las Vegas on April 7 from 11:20 to 11:40 a.m. in room N253 of the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC).
- Fautier will also participate in a panel discussion on HEVC and AV1 on April 11 from 1:30 to 2:15 p.m. during the NAB Streaming Summit.
- Jean Macher, director of market development at Harmonic will examine “Simplifying OTT Video Delivery with SCTE-224” at the Broadcast Engineering and Information Technology Conference (BEITC) on April 12 from 9:00 to 9:20 a.m. in room N255 of the LVCC.
Harmonic will showcase its video delivery innovations at the 2018 NAB Show, April 9-12 in Las Vegas at booth SU810.
Further information about Harmonic and the company’s solutions is available at www.harmonicinc.com.